Lou Reed - Velvet Underground


LOUKI club is mourning: Lewis Allan Lou Reed
Singer, songwriter and guitarist of 1960s rock band The Velvet Underground, (1942 - 2013).


Lou Reed: Take A Walk On The Wild Side!
"...New York City is the place
 Where they said, "Hey, babe,
 Take a walk on the wild side."


Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed (March 2, 1942 – October 27, 2013) was an American musician, singer, and songwriter. After serving as guitarist, vocalist, and principal songwriter of the Velvet Underground, his solo career spanned several decades. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Reed


Lou Reed: Perfect Day
"Just a perfect day
 You made me forget myself
 I thought I was
 Someone else, someone good

 Oh, it's such a perfect day
 I'm glad I spent it with you
 Oh, such a perfect day
 You just keep me hanging on
 You just keep me hanging on"




Velvet Underground: I´m Waiting For The Man
"I'm waiting for my man
 Twenty-six dollars in my hand
 Up to Lexington, 125
 Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive
 I'm waiting for my man"




The Velvet Underground
was an American rock band, active between 1964 and 1973, formed in New York City by Lou Reed and John Cale. Andy Warhol managed the Velvet Underground and it was the house band at his studio, the Factory.



Back to LEGENDS >>>